National Advisory Board for Human Factors in Dentistry
To advise and raise awareness of the interplay of the multitude of factors called Human Factors
The NABHFD is unique in that it is the only forum of its kind which brings together the views of several leaders on the importance of human factors for improving patient safety.
The Board anticipates that through their mission, and work, there will be:
- An improved understanding of human factors, what they are and their influence on patient safety
- A greater awareness of the influence of contributory factors, in particular latent factors
- A universal understanding by using a single term to describe such events in dentistry
- A greater willingness to be open and share experiences
- An understanding of why ‘reporting’ these events is important.
- Empower teams to speak out and share their concerns